Published May 24, 2026 10:11pm + Add GMA on Google Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google. Authorities will continue overnight search-and-rescue operations for the 20 individuals believed trapped beneath the rubble of a building that collapsed early Sunday in Angeles City, Pampanga.Angeles City public information officer Jay Pelayo said rescuers would work around the clock after detecting signs of life from survivors.“Yes po, nabubuhayan tayo kapag nagbibigay ng signs of life yung mga survivors natin. Lalo nating pinagiigi yung operation, yung mga efforts natin for this rescue,” he said in an interview on Super Radyo dzBB when asked if rescuers would continue operations for 24 hours.(Yes, we are encouraged whenever our survivors show signs of life. We are intensifying our operations and rescue efforts even more.)Pelayo said other local government units have also extended assistance, while floodlights were deployed to support overnight operations.“Iba ring LGUs nagpupunta dito to volunteer to help. Naka-standby rin yung mga sasakyan ng gobyerno. At mayroong malaking floodlight o parang pailaw doon sa mismong site to help support yung mga rescuers na baka marating yung mga survivors natin sa rubble,” he added.(Other LGUs are also coming here to volunteer and help. Government vehicles are on standby. There are also large floodlights illuminating the site to support rescuers in reaching survivors trapped in the rubble.)Most of those believed trapped are construction workers. More than 20 individuals have already been rescued.So far, authorities have reported one fatality — a Malaysian tourist staying in an apartelle adjacent to the collapsed structure.Pelayo clarified that rescuers are searching for 20 missing individuals, not 23 as initially reported.“Nagkaroon ng mga changes kasi mayroong mga ibang kaanak na wala naman pala sa lugar ng pinangyarihan nung nag-collapse yung gusali. So nakauwi yung iba. So yung number natin ng missing ay 20,” he said.(There were changes because some relatives later turned out not to have been at the site when the building collapsed, while others had already gone home. As a result, the number of missing persons is now at 20.)Carmelo Lazatin II earlier said an investigation would be launched into the incident. The project contractor — for a structure reportedly intended to be a hotel — has yet to coordinate with authorities.—MCG, GMA News
24-hour rescue ops launched after Angeles City building collapse
Authorities will continue overnight search-and-rescue operations for the 20 individuals believed trapped beneath the rubble of a building that collapsed early Sunday in Angeles City, Pampanga.















