POLICE have detained a third person in the probe into missing two-year-old Angelo Tobias Plaza in Goodwood, Tobago.Police sources confirmed to the Express that a third person had been held. They said that, based on information received on Sunday, they made their way to the Goodwood community, where they intended to detain two individuals. However, on seeing the police, one of the men fled the scene on foot and was able to evade capture.The other individual—said to be a relative of young Angelo—was taken into custody. Angelo’s 22-year-old mother and his 25-year-old stepfather, who were detained on Friday afternoon, remain in custody.Police said they are being held at separate police stations and are being questioned.Senior Superintendent of Police Rodhil Kirk told the Express yesterday officers received information that led them to the Studley Park Landfill. “We spare no effort in directing our resources to the search. Every information. Every bit and pieces of information that we have, we pursue it. The information is that there may be something to examine at this location so we are doing that. We’re being thorough with this investigation as I pointed out from the first day,” Kirk said.Kirk said the search for Angelo would continue until closure in the matter.“As long as we have the strength we will continue to search to bring closure to the family and to the island of Tobago. As a result of information received exactly and that is what we work on, it is an active investigation and every bit of information that we have we would pursue. We would pursue to see if there is any merit in the information,” he said.“I want to tell the nation that let us pay more attention to our vulnerable children it is sad I can see the reaction that we are seeing throughout Trinidad and Tobago and we need to pay more attention to our vulnerable youths. It takes a village to raise a child and we need to adopt that concept or to go back to that concept that all of us look out for one another especially the vulnerable children,” he added.Angelo, of Goodwood, Tobago, was reported missing on the night of May 11, prompting a search operation involving the police, emergency responders and residents. Homeland Security Minister Roger Alexander in Parliament last week said several agencies were involved in the operation, including Tobago police, the Fire Service, Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management, Coast Guard, Child Protection Unit, and Homicide Unit.Hunters search for toddlerHunters Search and Rescue Teams are on the ground in Tobago in search of the missing two-year-old.The HSRT, led by leader Vallence Rambharat, told the Express yesterday, “With the assistance of TEMA (Tobago Emergency Management Agency), THA (Tobago House of Assembly) and the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) we checked a particular area with an excavator and a few more pits to check,” Rambharat said.The Communications Unit of the TTPS has confirmed to the Express that a cadaver dog or human remains detection dog is being used in searches for the infant. This dog is trained to detect the unique scent of human decomposition. They are crucial assets for law enforcement, search and rescue, and forensic investigations, capable of locating everything from entire buried bodies to microscopic fragments of bone, teeth, and blood.The HSRT led by Shamsudeen Ayube, which is also assisting with the search, is pleading with citizens not to jump to conclusions and to wait until verified information has been disseminated from the authorities. Since Sunday afternoon, and continuing yesterday, information has been broadcast on social media sites, including WhatsApp and Facebook, that the body of Angelo has been found.Speaking with the Express yesterday, Ayube said that, up to 4 p.m., this was not the case.“My team is still at Studley Park landfill, where searches are being conducted,” he said.He stressed that wrong information could hurt the family, who are still holding out hope.Ayube said the misinformation may have been as a result of a platoon of police vehicles which responded yesterday, after “a decomposing item” was found. However, that was later confirmed to be a dog.“So we are still out here,” he said.Speaking earlier during an interview on TV6’s Morning Edition, Ayube, provided an update on the search.“The update is that Angelo is still listed as missing,” Ayube said. “Searches resumed at 7 a.m. and we are aiming to return him to his family or at the very least bring closure to his family.”He said the organisation’s Tobago branch responded immediately after reports surfaced that the child may have been seen in the ocean near the area where he was reported missing. He added that as the investigation progressed, members of the team realised information being circulated was inconsistent with information later gathered by searchers and authorities.“As the days went on, we realised that things were not adding up,” he said. “We decided to leave from Trinidad to join the Tobago team and help conduct searches in and around the area.”Ayube in the Morning Edition interview yesterday said discussions with police officers and ongoing communication between team members and authorities led them to believe that some of the information received differed from what had reportedly been provided to investigators by the child’s mother and stepfather. He said the team was now concentrating its resources on a landfill site after receiving intelligence that placed the child there.“Right now we are concentrated on the landfill area because information received which we believe is 90% accurate, the landfill area is where we have to focus all our resources,” Ayube said.He said the organisation had no plans to suspend its involvement in the search.“We have been known to have cases open for months or years, until a family gets closure,” Ayube said.
Third person held in Angelo case
POLICE have detained a third person in the probe into missing two-year-old Angelo Tobias Plaza in Goodwood, Tobago.









