JERUSALEM, July 6 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government has threatened to fight a Supreme Court order regarding a media regulator, reigniting a judicial row that shook Israel in the months leading up to Hamas' October 7, 2023 attack.The decision comes ahead of a national election expected by late October.WHAT DID THE GOVERNMENT SAY?In a statement on Sunday, the government said that a June 17 ruling by the Supreme Court regarding the composition of the Second Authority for Television and Radio was a clear case of judicial overreach.

The Knesset says it will not comply with Supreme Court ruling reinstating the broadcast regulator’s board, declaring its decisions invalid, including approval of Reshet 13’s sale…

Israel's top court ruled last month that the commercial broadcast regulator must continue functioning despite resignations linked to political pressure by the communications…