The search for missing two-year-old Angelo Tobias Plaza took a disturbing turn yesterday after investigators received a tip-off suggesting the child’s body may have been dumped at the Studley Park landfill sometime after Mother’s Day.The information reportedly came through a WhatsApp message sent to investigators as police intensified efforts to determine the toddler’s whereabouts.The development comes as the child’s mother, 22-year-old Kalifah Tobias, and her boyfriend Shannon Miller, who has been described as the child’s stepfather, remained in police custody yesterday while officers continued extensive investigations into the disappearance of the toddler.Inspector and legal officer attached to the Special Victims Department, Nisha Sookram-Loutan, who has been assigned to the case in Tobago, told the Express yesterday law enforcement officers remain committed to pursuing every lead in an effort to bring some level of closure to the matter.“A team of officers, including some of us from Trinidad, under the leadership of Assistant Commissioner of Police Rishi Singh, has been conducting enquiries, with Homicide officers also forming part of the investigative team,” Sookram-Loutan told the Express yesterday.Investigators are also closely examining CCTV footage reportedly showing Miller and Tobias near a supermarket in the Goodwood area shortly before 8 p.m. last Monday.Officers noted that the couple appeared to be without Angelo at the time, before an official missing person report was later made to police.Meanwhile, large-scale search and recovery operations continued yesterday at the Studley Park dump site.The Tobago Emergency Management Agency (TEMA), through its Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Unit, joined officers of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS), along with members of the Hunters Search and Rescue Team, in coordinated efforts at the location.Authorities said operations included aerial reconnaissance, ground searches, and recovery support activities as teams combed sections of the landfill in search of any evidence connected to the missing child.Two-year-old Angelo Tobias Plaza was reported missing last week Monday after relatives allegedly discovered he was unaccounted for at the family’s Goodwood residence.Since then, extensive land, sea, and aerial searches have been conducted across several areas of Tobago in hopes of locating the toddler safely.‘Tobago is hurting’Tobago House of Assembly Chief Secretary Farley Augustine said the disappearance of Angelo has shaken Tobago to its core.“Every mother, every father, every grandparent and every decent citizen feels the weight of this tragedy,” Augustine said in a social media post yesterday.Augustine said a toddler is missing and Tobago refuses to remain silent.“Following my public comments on Thursday, I have been struggling to be diplomatic about what is transpiring in the full view of the nation. All of last night this child is on my mind. Tobago is hurting,” he said.He said for days now, members of the Protective Services, emergency responders, volunteers, villagers, fishermen, hunters and ordinary citizens have searched land and sea in the hope of finding little Angelo.“We thank every single person who has stood in solidarity with this child and his family during this painful period. But let me say this clearly too many questions remain unanswered! The public outrage and heartbreak now being expressed across Tobago and Trinidad are justified. We have a right to be damn vex about how this is unfolding and the nancy stories that are being peddled,” he said.Augustine said the people are demanding accountability because something about this situation does not sit right with the national conscience.“A two-year-old child does not simply vanish without explanation. Two-year-olds don’t ordinarily climb through ditches and over obstacles to the ocean in the pitch-black night. Tobago is not prepared to normalise the disappearance of children,” he stated.Augustine said the matter must be treated with the highest level of urgency, seriousness and investigative intensity.“I therefore call on the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, the Homicide Bureau, the Child Protection Unit and every relevant national agency to leave no stone unturned in this investigation. Every lead must be pursued. Every inconsistency must be examined. Every person with information must cooperate fully with the authorities,” he stated.Augustine said if there has been negligence, it must be exposed.“If there has been wrongdoing, it must be prosecuted and if there are persons withholding information, they must understand that silence in a matter involving a child is unacceptable,” he stated.“This tragedy must also force us as a society to reflect on our collective duty of care to children. Too often, after incidents like these, we move on too quickly. We cannot. The protection of children is not optional. It is a sacred responsibility. Today, Tobago stands with Angelo. We stand with the people of Goodwood who have cried out for justice. We stand with every citizen demanding truth. And we stand with the belief that this child matters. A nation is judged by how it protects its most vulnerable. There can be no peace, no comfort and no closure until answers are found,” Augustine stated.