By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

MANILA, Philippines — National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Melvin Matibag said on Thursday that the bureau will carry out the order of the Department of Justice (DOJ) to arrest Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa “without delay.”

This came after the DOJ earlier on Thursday ordered the NBI and the Philippine National Police to enforce the arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against dela Rosa in connection with his supposed involvement in the bloody war on drugs of the Duterte administration.

READ: NBI always ready to arrest dela Rosa following DOJ’s order

“In carrying out the arrest, we will strictly abide by the rules and ensure it is done professionally, as we always do,” Matibag said in a statement.