Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa —File photo by Marianne Bermudez | INQUIRER
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said it could not immediately enforce the International Criminal Court’s (ICC) arrest warrant against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa while awaiting the Supreme Court’s (SC) ruling on whether police could implement it.
In a statement issued Monday, the DILG said its “actions … were never rooted in an unwillingness to enforce the law.”
“While an ICC warrant had been issued, [President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.] earlier directed concerned government agencies, including the DILG and the Philippine National Police, to await the Supreme Court’s resolution on the enforceability of the ICC warrant absent a corresponding order from a Philippine court,” the department said.
Article continues after this advertisement












