By Jonathan SaulLONDON, June 26 (Reuters) - The United Nations is working with countries to resume the evacuation of hundreds of ships and thousands of stranded seafarers from the Strait of Hormuz after the effort was halted earlier this week, a top U.N. agency official said on Friday.The U.N.'s International Maritime Organization said on Thursday it had "temporarily paused" its evacuation initiative after a container ship operated by Taiwan's Evergreen was attacked.

International Maritime Organization says it will begin evacuating more than 11,000 sailors stranded...

A major evacuation plan is now underway for over 11,000 seafarers aboard hundreds of ships stranded in the Gulf. Following a ceasefire deal between Iran and the U.S., the UN's…