US president says Iran talks are near a deal but warns of fresh attacks

US President Donald Trump said he was planning a major new assault on Iran on Tuesday, but held off as he saw hope for securing a so far elusive agreement to end the war.

President Trump threatens a new military strike on Iran, holding off at the request of Gulf allies as serious negotiations over the conflict continue.

The threat came as Iranian officials accused the U.S. of preparing for another round of attacks.

US president says Iran talks are near a deal but warns of fresh attacks