The Department of Health (DOH) on Sunday said it is coordinating with the World Health Organization (WHO) following the declaration of an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda as a “public health emergency of international concern.”

Officials suspect the disease has caused 80 deaths in the Democratic Republic of Congo so far.

An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda constitutes a "public health emergency of international concern," the World Health Organization said.