Puerto Rican superstar Bad Bunny kicks off the European leg of his world tour on May 22, 2026 in the Spanish city of Barcelona, launching a run of 29 concerts across the continent through to late July. — AFP pic (New users only) It's tax relief season! Get up to RM300 when you save with Versa! Plus, enjoy an additional FREE RM10 when you sign up using code VERSAMM10 with a min. cash-in of RM100 today. T&Cs apply. Saturday, 23 May 2026 8:49 AM MYT BARCELONA, May 23 — Hundreds of Bad Bunny fans braved long queues and the heat of Barcelona on Friday as the Puerto Rican superstar kicks off the 29-concert European leg of his world tour.Bad Bunny devotees, some holding umbrellas to guard against the sun, lined up outside the Spanish city’s Olympic stadium hours ahead of the show on Friday night to try to secure a spot close to the stage.“We’ve been here for two hours waiting, but really, how long have we been waiting for Bad Bunny here in Catalonia, in Barcelona?” journalist Adria Capdevila, 22, told AFP.“We don’t know if we’ll ever get to see him again... since it might be the last time, you live it with maximum energy, maximum enthusiasm,” he said.Bad Bunny’s world tour began last year with a 31-concert residency in San Juan in support of his latest album, Debi Tirar Mas Fotos (I Should Have Taken More Photos), which blends traditional Puerto Rican music with reggaeton and trap.The European tour includes two nights in Barcelona and two in Lisbon before moving to Madrid for 10 concerts at Atletico Madrid’s Metropolitano Stadium.The tour will then continue through Germany, the Netherlands, Britain, France, Sweden, Poland and Italy before concluding in Brussels on July 22. Bad Bunny fans pose outside the Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Barcelona, as they queue for the Puerto Rican superstar’s World Tour’s first European show on May 22, 2026. — AFP pic It has already taken in Latin America, Australia and Japan but he did not play in the United States to shield fans from potential raids by immigration authorities.Bad Bunny appeared in the Super Bowl halftime show in February, but supporters of US President Donald Trump criticised him for performing only in Spanish.The 32-year-old rose from the Puerto Rican underground music scene to become one of the world’s biggest acts, helping push reggaeton and Latin trap into the global mainstream.He took home three Grammy awards in February including for album of the year. — AFP