BRUSSELS, May 22. /TASS/. The European Union will not return under any circumstances even to partial purchases of Russian oil and gas, unlike the United States and the United Kingdom, despite rising energy prices caused by the war around Iran, European Commissioner for Economy Valdis Dombrovskis said in an interview with Euronews.
He added that the European Commission currently does not fear disruptions to energy supplies in EU countries.
"There is no point to go back to it. We have diversified our supplies, our largest gas supplies now come from Norway, our largest LNG supplier is US and so on. There are strategic decisions taken to move away completely from Russian oil and gas and we have to follow it through," Dombrovskis said.
At the beginning of last year, the European Commission succeeded in securing approval by the EU Council of an indefinite ban starting in 2027 on all forms of Russian gas purchases by all European Union member states, regardless of the course of the Ukrainian conflict.










