Press Escape to close the menu.
The last-minute intervention by the president’s former AI czar came amid complaints from some tech companies, people told POLITICO.
President Donald Trump speaks to reporters at the White House on Thursday. | Jacquelyn Martin/AP
Thursday’s abrupt postponement of President Donald Trump’s much-awaited executive order on artificial intelligence came after former AI czar David Sacks voiced industry concerns about the measure to Trump, according to a senior White House official and two people familiar with the matter.
Sacks’ 11th hour intervention — and his arguments that the order could prove too onerous for the rapidly evolving AI industry — came even though he had been briefed about the directive in recent days, one of the people told POLITICO. The people were granted anonymity to discuss internal conversations.










