Published on
21/05/2026 - 15:01 GMT+2
Five Italian nationals who died while scuba diving in the Maldives may have become lost while exploring an underwater cave, the CEO of the company that recovered their bodies said on Thursday.
The four remaining bodies were reportedly found earlier this week by a team of Finnish divers working for Dan Europe.
The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs previously said that the divers had gone missing while "attempting to explore caves at a depth of 50 metres."













