The final two bodies from a group of Italian divers have been recovered from an underwater cave network in the Maldives, authorities said. Five Italian divers died last week in a scuba diving accident after entering a deepwater cave for an exploration mission, in what was the deadliest diving tragedy in the island's history.The first body among the group was recovered on the same day of the incident and two more were recovered on Tuesday from a cave at a depth of 60m. A Maldivian National Defense Force rescuer also died from decompression complications over the weekend. The Maldivian government said the remains of the last two divers, identified as Giorgia Sommacal, 22, and Muriel Oddenino, 31, had been recovered from the cave and brought to the surface. “The first one has already been lifted onto a support boat. The second is being brought up by a diver who is observing the decompression stops,” an Italian foreign ministry source told AFP.The government on Monday said three Finnish diving experts, assisted by police and military personnel, located the bodies in the deepest section of the cave.More follows
Last two bodies of Italian divers recovered from Maldives cave
Maldivian authorities say they are probing whether the group descended far deeper than expected










