A Palace briefing on Tuesday presented this and other screengrabs from the security videos gathered by the Philippine National Police from the Senate building as it investigated the May 13 shooting incident. The PNP has turned over its initial findings to a panel formed by the justice department and the Ombudsman for possible filing of charges. (IMAGE FROM MALACAÑANG)

MANILA, Philippines – Suspended Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Ma.O Aplasca on Wednesday said the CCTV footage of last week’s shooting incident at the Senate was “spliced” to “support their narrative.”

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of Justice (DOJ) and Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday presented CCTV footage showing Aplasca firing shots at a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) agent who did not raise his gun.

“We are preparing the complete video, because what they did, they spliced the videos and they just selected the videos that will support their narrative. That’s not correct,” Aplasca told the media.

Article continues after this advertisement