NATO’s top military commander said Tuesday he was “thinking” about how the alliance could contribute to securing the Strait of Hormuz, though no formal operational planning has been launched.
"Am I thinking about it? Absolutely. But there's no planning yet until the political decision is taken," U.S. General Alexus Grynkewich, NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe, told journalists.
U.S. President Donald Trump has blasted Washington's European allies in NATO for their response to his war on Iran, which has seen the crucial waterway closed.
European countries spearheaded by Britain and France have been scrambling to put together a possible plan for how they could help keep the strait open if the war ends.
So far U.S.-led alliance NATO has steered clear of seeking any direct involvement in the conflict, despite pressure from Trump.










