In a statement posted on his social media platform, Trump said the decision came after separate interventions by the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced that the United States had suspended a planned military strike on the Islamic Republic of Iran following appeals from key Middle East leaders, who assured him that serious negotiations were underway and that a diplomatic agreement could still be reached.

In a statement posted on his social media platform, Trump said the decision came after separate interventions by the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Trump disclosed that the military operation against Iran had been scheduled for “tomorrow” before it was halted.

“I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow,” Trump stated.