US President Donald Trump said he had suspended a planned strike on Iran scheduled for Tuesday, after what he described as requests from regional partners and signs of progress in negotiations with Tehran.

He stated that the decision followed appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, who told Washington that “serious negotiations are now taking place” and that a deal could still be reached. According to Trump, the emerging framework would ensure “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN.”

In a message posted on his Truth Social platform, Trump said he had ordered the US military not to proceed with the operation. “I will hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow,” he wrote. He also emphasized that forces had been instructed to remain ready, adding that “we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow,” while warning that a larger campaign could still follow if talks collapse.

He further said military leadership had been told to prepare for rapid escalation if diplomacy fails, describing a potential response as a “full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice” should an acceptable agreement not be reached.