US president says he halted attack after Gulf leaders urged restraint, but warns military remains ready for large-scale assaultU.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he has called off a planned U.S. military attack on Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as negotiations continue.In a post on Truth Social, Trump said Qatar’s emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani; Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman; and UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan asked him to hold off on the planned strike because “serious negotiations are now taking place.”1 View gallery US President Donald Trump (Photo: Alex Brandon/AP)Trump said the Gulf leaders believe a deal can be reached that would be “very acceptable” to the United States, countries in the Middle East and others. He said any deal must include “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN.”Trump said that, out of respect for the leaders, he instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Dan Caine and the U.S. military not to carry out the scheduled attack.But he said he also ordered them to be ready to launch “a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice” if an acceptable deal is not reached.
Trump says he delayed Iran strike planned for Tuesday
US president says he halted attack after Gulf leaders urged restraint, but warns military remains ready for large-scale assault










