Published May 18, 2026 10:54am + Add GMA on Google Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google. The Senate on Monday received the Office of the Ombudsman’s order placing acting Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca under preventive suspension, Assistant Ombudsman Mico Clavano said Monday.It also supposedly received the subpoena seeking closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage related to the May 13 shooting incident at the Senate complex.“I just got the report that they have received both the order for preventive suspension and the subpoena on the CCTV footage,” Clavano told reporters.The confirmation came after two representatives from the Office of the Ombudsman were seen at the Senate premises earlier in the day.According to a post on X by GMA News reporter Ian Cruz, the representatives earlier declined to confirm or deny whether they had arrived to serve a subpoena on Aplasca or to obtain CCTV footage linked to the incident.The development followed remarks over the weekend by Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla, who said the Senate had refused to receive subpoenas tied to the investigation.Remulla earlier said the subpoenas covered CCTV footage of the May 13 incident and documents related to Aplasca, who was placed under preventive suspension for six months without pay pending an Ombudsman investigation.The Ombudsman is probing the circumstances surrounding the shooting incident at the Senate premises, in which Aplasca earlier admitted firing the first warning shot during a confrontation involving law enforcement personnel.—MCG, GMA News
Senate receives Ombudsman suspension order vs. Aplasca, CCTV subpoena
The Senate on Monday received the Office of the Ombudsman’s order placing acting Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca under preventive suspension, Assistant Ombudsman Mico Clavano said Monday.












