Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi warned Saturday that the United States would face mounting economic fallout from its "war of choice" against Iran, as both sides appear settled into a long game of waiting to inflict the most severe economic and political damage on the other.In a post on X, Araghchi said Americans would bear the escalating financial costs of the conflict with Tehran. "Put aside gas price hike and stock market bubble. Real pain begins when U.S. debt and mortgage rates start to jump," he wrote in English. This isn't the first time Iranian officials and state media have tried to directly appeal to the American public.Araghchi also pointed to growing economic strain inside the United States, saying auto loan delinquencies had already climbed to their highest level in more than 30 years. "This was all avoidable," he added, framing the start of the conflict as Trump's 'war of choice' in the Middle East.Of course, the Pentagon has a big card to play too, as on Saturday US Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that four vessels in the Hormuz area were "disabled to ensure compliance."In an official statement it said that that since the imposition of a naval blockade on Iranian ports, 75 commercial vessels have been redirected and four others disabled to “ensure compliance”.There is no doubt the US naval blockade is putting immense economic pressure on the Iranian government, society, and the energy sectors as crude shit-ins loom, or are in progress...The internal Iranian regime narrative has shifted markedly in the past 72 hours. Multiple officials have now openly acknowledged Iran’s structural gasoline deficit, war-damaged energy infrastructure, and the urgent need for consumption management.