White House deportation hawk Stephen Miller went ballistic over the supposed “bloodbath” of violence in Chicago as he defended President Donald Trump’s plan to deploy troops to cities across America.Trump’s deputy chief of staff accused Democrats of being on the side of “gangbangers,” “predators” and “domestic terrorists” while lambasting Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson during a Wednesday appearance on Fox News.Though many Chicago leaders, activists and residents say the recent surge in ICE raids is responsible for protests and fear in the Windy City, Fox News host Sean Hannity blamed the unrest on what he called Pritzker and Johnson’s disregard for “law and order and safety and security.” A fuming Miller agreed, asking, “What’s the Pritzker record? What’s the Mayor Johnson record? Bloodbath. Suffering. Death. Misery.”Backing his argument with what looked like crime stats from June 2024, Miller said over 70 people had been “shot in gun battles on the streets of Chicago” in one weekend, making it “more dangerous” than Mexico City or Baghdad, Iraq — though available data makes that claim almost impossible to confirm.“This is an American town,” he seethed. “Donald Trump stands for peace. They stand for violence and death. It has to stop.”Miller also applauded the arrival of hundreds of National Guard members to Chicago, claiming that the same uptick in military presence in Washington, D.C., “brought historic safety” to what he falsely said was “one of the most violent cities on Earth.”“That’s what President Trump wants for Chicago,” he said. “That’s what he wants for Portland [Oregon]. That’s what he wants for Los Angeles.”You can watch Miller’s conversation with Hannity above.Close