Manchester police on Wednesday said the 35-year-old man behind Oct. 2, 2025, attack on a synagogue had pledge allegiance to the Islamic State. Photo by Adam Vaughan/EPA
Oct. 9 (UPI) -- The man accused of carrying out last week's terror attack targeting a north Manchester synagogue, in which two people were killed and three were seriously injured, had pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State, British authorities said in an update on the incident.
In a statement Wednesday, Chief Constable Rob Potts of Counter Terrorism Policing North West with Greater Manchester Police said Jihad Al Shamie had issued his pledge of allegiance to ISIS in a call to authorities claiming responsibility for the attack as it was ongoing.
Al Shamie was fatally shot by armed police at the scene.
The attack occurred Oct. 2 outside the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue during Yom Kippur service in north Manchester.











