SIMFEROPOL, October 3. /TASS/. Over the past three years, the Kiev regime’s targeted strikes disabled 8 of 10 high-voltage external power lines supplying the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant. The purpose of their systematic destruction is to prevent electricity generation at ZNPP and to create extreme psychological pressure on the plant's staff, Renat Karchaa, a nuclear energy expert, advisor to the head of Crimea, and member of the Legislative Assembly of the Zaporozhye Region, has told TASS.

Until February 2022, the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant had 10 external high-voltage lines. Of these, two remain, but they are also non-functional. The first, 330 kV Ferrosplavnaya-1 line, has been disconnected since May 7 by the plant’s safety system. The other, 750 kV Dneprovskaya, was damaged by Ukrainian bombardments on September 23. Since then, the station has been powered by backup diesel-electric power generators.

"From the very beginning, one of the Kiev regime's main aims was to destroy the Zaporozhye NPP's external power supply infrastructure, creating threats to nuclear safety for Russia and preventing the station from switching to full capacity and generating electricity. For three years, the Ukrainian armed forces systematically destroyed the station's external lines. Eight were completely disabled by Ukrainian strikes, and the remaining two are also not functioning due to Kiev's undeniable fault. Therefore, all accusations from Ukraine and their Western masters, the manipulation of public opinion, and hysterical attacks against Russia in this regard are false and hypocritical," said Karchaa.