Iran's chief negotiator Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf warned on Saturday of a "crushing" response if Washington resumes hostilities, after US media reports raised the prospect of new strikes.Pakistan's powerful army chief -- a key mediator in diplomatic efforts to convert an April 8 ceasefire into a settlement -- left Tehran after talks with Iranian officials, who have accused the US of making "excessive demands".

Iran’s chief negotiator Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf on Wednesday said the United States was seeking to restart the war and hoping Tehran would surrender. “The

Bagher Ghalibaf said that the Iranian military wasted no time and used the previously announced truce period to get prepared for any possible scenarios