WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump said he is holding off on a military strike on Iran planned for Tuesday because “serious negotiations” are underway. Trump made the announcement in a social media post on Monday after threatening over the weekend that time was running out for Iran to strike a deal or fighting would renew. Last week, he said a fragile ceasefire was on “life support,” and US forces exchanged fire with Iranian forces.

Follow the latest news on the major headlines of the day.

President Donald Trump says he is holding off on a military strike on Iran planned for Tuesday because “serious negotiations” are underway.