ISTANBUL:The organizers of a flotilla of aid ships bound for Gaza said on Monday that Israeli forces had boarded one of their vessels and that contact had been lost with another of the vessels in the eastern Mediterranean. Earlier on Monday, Israel’s foreign ministry had said on X that it “will not allow any breach of the lawful naval blockade on Gaza.” Ships from the Global Sumud Flotilla had set sail for a third time on Thursday from southern Turkiye, after earlier attempts to deliver aid to Gaza were intercepted by Israel in international waters.

The Israeli military began intercepting several boats that are part of a flotilla attempting to break the Gaza blockade.

Israeli forces have begun intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla near Cyprus after it left Turkey last week, as the Foreign Ministry accuses organizers of staging a Hamas-serving…