Eyewitness footage captured missiles in Qatar's skies after the country's airspace was closed on Monday, 23 June. Iran launched missile strikes on a US base in the country after it vowed to retaliate against Washington for bombing its nuclear facilities on Sunday. Iran informed the US via two diplomatic channels hours ahead of the attacks in Qatar, a senior regional source told Reuters. It comes after American officials said Donald Trump was “simply raising a question” after the US president entertained the idea of a regime change in Tehran following his claim he had taken a nuclear bomb “right out of Iran’s hands”.

Iran launched missile attacks Monday on a U.S. military base in Qatar, retaliating for the American bombing of its nuclear sites and escalating tensions in the region.

Iran confirmed it launched attack on US forces at Qatar’s Al Udeid Air Base. Qatar had earlier closed airspace following US attacks on Iran.