RIYADH/DUBAI: US President Donald Trump announced a ceasefire between Iran and Israel hours after Tehran attacked a US base in Qatar in retaliation for US strikes on military sites in Iran over the weekend. The Iranians said there was no agreement but will stop attacks if Israel halted too. The US president said both sides had agreed to a staggered cessation of hostilities until there is an end to the conflict.

RIYADH/DUBAI: US President Donald Trump announced a ceasefire between Iran and Israel hours after Tehran attacked a US base in Qatar in retaliation for US strikes on military…

Trump late Monday said a ceasefire had been agreed in the Iran-Israel conflict, after Iran conducted a restrained retaliation against a US base in Qatar.