See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred SourceBy OLIVIA KEMP, SHOWBUSINESS REPORTER and ALEX DOYLE - SENIOR SHOWBUSINESS REPORTER Published: 22:30 BST, 22 August 2026 | Updated: 22:40 BST, 22 August 2026

She battled it out with Britain's top presenting talent to land one of the most coveted jobs in television after Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman quit Strictly Come Dancing.But now Emma Willis, the new co–host of the BBC's flagship entertainment show, faces the extraordinary prospect of going head–to–head with herself on prime–time TV as she still fronts its ITV rival, The Voice.The presenter, 50, will be at the helm of both programmes this autumn, with the new series of The Voice launching last night and the BBC's revamped Strictly returning on September 19.The 'headache' for ITV bosses arose because Ms Willis, the long–term host of the singing talent show, had already filmed its current series in 2025 before she was named as part of Strictly's highly anticipated new line–up.ITV postponed screening the series for more than a year, to the frustration of contestants who took part.A transmission clash is now highly likely. The new series of The Voice broadcast its launch episode at 7pm and Strictly goes out live and typically starts at around 6.20pm.Ms Willis was unveiled in May this year as one of the three new faces of Strictly alongside comedian Josh Widdicombe, 43, and professional dancer Johannes Radebe, 39.The Mail on Sunday can reveal ITV bosses are concerned promotion of this year's The Voice, which Ms Willis has presented for 12 years, has been overshadowed by her new role. Emma Willis, who was named in May as part of Strictly Come Dancing's new three–person presenting line–up alongside Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe (replacing Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman), faces a scheduling clash this autumn as she will simultaneously host ITV's The Voice ITV executives are reportedly concerned and frustrated that publicity for The Voice, which Willis has fronted for 12 years, is being completely overshadowed by her high–profile BBC debut. Pictured: Strictly stars Willis and Radebe at the RHS Chelsea Flower ShowSources say that while she has fulfilled her contractual commitments with ITV, she was in production meetings and rehearsals for Strictly during The Voice's launch week.'It has been a headache for ITV, there is no doubt about it,' one industry insider told The Mail on Sunday.'They are frustrated The Voice has been completely overshadowed. Nobody is talking about The Voice, they only want to discuss Strictly. It is all Emma is being asked about.'A BBC insider said: 'Strictly bosses can see that it is an awkward situation for Emma to be in. But they know that they are the bigger show and will attract many more viewers than The Voice.'Ms Willis began presenting The Voice in 2014, when it was still broadcast by the BBC.