Trump Whines That He’s Going To Be Impeached AgainPresident Donald Trump lamented the possibility of being impeached again if Republicans lose in the midterm elections.“I’m going to be impeached. They’re going to impeach me. They have no idea why,” he said as a reason to convince his supporters to vote for Sen. Darline Graham (R) and other Republicans he endorsed in the midterms.His remarks came at a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, campaign rally for Graham, the sister of the late Sen. Lindsey Graham. She was appointed to finish out his current term after he passed last month and is running to keep the seat.Trump Giddy Over Supreme Court Ruling On His Ballroom: 'I'm In A Very Good Mood'President Donald Trump continued to celebrate the Supreme Court ruling that his White House ballroom project can proceed on a provisional basis.“I’m in a very good mood tonight,” Trump said shortly after taking the stage at a rally for newly appointed Sen. Darline Graham (R-S.C.) Friday evening. “We just learned that the big decision of the United States Supreme Court came down, and the military/ballroom -- this beautiful, magnificent complex being built on the hallowed grounds of our cherished White House” can proceed for now, he told a crowd in Myrtle Beach, repeating his false claims that the project is “under budget and ahead of schedule” despite ballooning in cost.“It’s going to be the greatest of its kind anywhere that’s ever been built, and it’s something that presidents have wanted to be built for over 150 years,” he continued, thanking the Supreme Court and Chief Justice John Roberts.He made similar remarks earlier on social media. Trump also lamented that the ballroom -- which he has begun framing as a military complex -- wouldn’t be completed in time for him to host Chinese President Xi Jinping during his upcoming visit. Trump: 'I Don't Want To Say' Where Beef Imports Are Coming FromPresident Donald Trump refused to answer when a reporter asked him to name the countries involved in his controversial new beef deal, which will temporarily allow up to 300,000 metric tons of ground beef to be imported without tariffs.“I don’t want to say which countries, but there are a few countries that are going to be sending in the highest quality beef, and it’s something that we need,” he told reporters.Trump, who campaigned on championing American business, has been getting heat for the deal from Republicans and Democrats alike. “The American people have the right to know if we will be eating low-quality foreign beef,” Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) posted on social media in response to Trump’s refusal to name countries. “Why is [he] hiding where the foreign beef is coming from?”Trump Admits Darline Graham Will Do What He Wants In The SenateAs he was heading to a South Carolina campaign event for Sen. Darline Graham (R), President Donald Trump told reporters Friday that he supports her in part because she will do what he wants.His comments came after Graham, the sister of the late Sen. Lindsay Graham who was appointed temporarily to his seat, admitted during a debate that she was “not that informed on national security.”“She’s very smart, and she was being honest,” Trump told reporters. “It hasn’t been her thing, but she’s surrounded by very good people, and she said that she’s totally for the military. She’s going to do what the military wants, and really, what the president wants. She understands that national security is my thing.” Trump went on to claim that he has raised $850 million for Republicans ahead of midterm elections.Graham is facing off against U.S. Rep. Ralph Norman in the Republican South Carolina primary runoff election.Trump Hails Temporary SCOTUS Ballroom Reprieve In Error-Filled MessagePresident Donald Trump praised the U.S. Supreme Court Friday after Chief Justice John Roberts decided his $400+ million ballroom project could continue on a provisional basis, pending an actual Supreme Court decision.“We are grateful for the Decision of the United States Supreme Court,” Trump wrote in a social media post.Read more:Ed Martin, Who Helped Trump Go After His Enemies, Is Leaving The DOJPresident Donald Trump said Friday that pardon attorney Ed Martin is stepping down from the Department of Justice to instead focus on legal battles for upcoming elections.Martin led the DOJ’s controversial “Weaponization Working Group” until being removed from the role in February. With the group, Martin essentially helped Trump target his political enemies, including Special Counsel Jack Smith, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, and New York’s Attorney General Letitia James.“I know he will do an outstanding job, ensure Free, Fair, and Honest Elections, and strongly advance our Constitutional Rights. Good luck Ed!” Trump, who has continuously pushed baseless conspiracies about stolen elections, said in a post on Truth Social on Friday.Martin, the former interim U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, has also pushed false conspiracy theories about the 2020 election that Trump lost. He has also represented Jan. 6 insurrectionists. In response to the announcement on Friday, Martin posted online, “Proud to serve. Fight Fight Fight.”Quality Control’s Pierre 'P' Thomas Hospitalized After Heart AttackQuality Control Music co-founder Pierre “P” Thomas has been hospitalized, the label said in a statement on social media, which emphasized that he’s “alive and … receiving medical care.”Sources told both Variety and TMZ the hip-hop mogul had a heart attack and is in the ICU in a Las Vegas Hospital.“We ask that everyone keep P and his family in their thoughts and prayers and respectfully give them the privacy and space they need during this time,” the label said. “We deeply appreciate everyone’s concern, support, prayers, and loving energy right now.”Defense Rests In Lindsay Clancy Trial Over Postpartum PsychosisThe defense rested its case Friday in the Lindsay Clancy murder trial after eliciting several days of testimony about her mental state before and after she strangled her three young children.Prosecutors then began calling rebuttal witnesses in the trial, which is likely entering its final days. Closing arguments are expected next week.Read more, via AP:World’s Oldest Living Person Celebrates 117th BirthdayThe world’s oldest living person, a woman whose birth predates the Titanic and the World War I, has just turned 117.Ethel Caterham, who was born on August 21, 1909, rang in her new year at a home in Surrey, England, on Friday while surrounded by family, friends, and a Frank Sinatra performer, her care center and an official record keeper said.“Thank you for all of the kind birthday wishes,” she said in a statement released by her home. “Even at 117, I’ve had many firsts this year, from stroking a llama to holding hands with the King! I’ve had a lovely day celebrating with my family and friends, and I look forward to seeing what next year brings!”Collins first took the title of oldest supercentenarian in 2025 following the death of a Brazilian nun at the age of 116. With her birthday on Friday, she also becomes the first-ever Brit to reach 117, according to Guinness World Records.“She is consistently adding to her British longevity record, which was previously set by Charlotte Hughes who passed away in 1993,” Ben Meyers, CEO of supercentenarian tracker LongeviQuest, said in a statement to the record-keeping website.Helping her celebrate the milestone, LongeviQuest collected and shared birthday wishes for Collins from fellow record holders and competitors, including the world’s oldest man, who at 113 lives in Brazil. “True to her character, not wanting much fuss, Ethel chose to have a modest birthday celebration,” LongeviQuest said in a statement that offered more detail about her big day, including its inclusion of celebratory tea, cake, and the Frank Sinatra tribute performer, which it said has been a recent tradition of hers.Trump Threatens To Sue Think Tank Over Study That Found He’s Wrong About National GuardThe Center for American Progress said it will not retract a report that found President Donald Trump’s National Guard deployments in cities across the country have had no measurable impact on violent crime.Trump on Monday threatened the think tank with a $5 billion lawsuit over the analysis, which undercuts one of his favorite stump speech narratives.In a statement Friday, CAP President and CEO Neera Tanden stood by the report’s conclusions and promised to “neither cower nor bend” in the face of Trump’s “transparent attempt to silence us”:“The Center for American Progress is an independent, nonpartisan research organization, and our work is grounded in rigorous, evidence-based research and analysis. Based on analysis of crime data, our report demonstrated facts about the National Guard deployments that are inconvenient to the Trump administration. Since its inception, CAP has published analysis of the impact of government policy under Democratic and Republican administrations.This threatened lawsuit’s attack on facts and evidence is baseless. A fundamental protection of the First Amendment is to allow for the publication of facts and analysis that are contrary to the arguments and claims of any administration. A lawsuit is a transparent attempt to silence us. We will neither cower nor bend in the face of it.In America, profound disagreements over public policy are resolved through robust public debate, not through threats or intimidation. Independent data, evidence, and analysis are essential to that debate. Efforts to silence independent research because its findings are unwelcome by an administration or president should alarm every American.”NSF Grants Hit 40-Year Low After White House Seized $1B For Special Project: ReportResearch grants awarded by the U.S. National Science Foundation will hit a 40-year low this fiscal year, according to a tally by the science journal “Nature,” which sniffed out a primary culprit:NSF staff told the journal the White House has seized more than $1 billion of the agency’s $8.8-billion budget and placed it in a separate account to fund a special project of its own devising, called the “Grand Research Challenges” initiative, that’s being overseen by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP).In a letter to OSTP Director Michael Kratsios last week, Democratic representatives on the Science Committee assailed the White House for seizing and spending money on pet projects that was never appropriated for that purpose.Asked during a July 22 hearing by Ranking Democrat Rep. Zoe Lofgren (Calif.) where the missing $1 billion had gone, Kratsios played dumb: “I’m not familiar with those details, I would refer you to NSF,” he said.Lofgren and fellow Science Committee Democrat Rep. George Whitesides (Calif.) demanded further explanation.“If you believe this is legal, appropriate, and a good use of taxpayer money in order to bring about a ‘golden age of science,’ then you should have been eager to discuss it before the Committee,” the Members wrote in their letter to Kratsios. “Instead, you chose to apparently mislead the Committee about whether you had any understanding of where NSF’s disappearing money is going.”According to Nature, NSF had issued 5,684 grants as of August 19, down from a previous average of around 11,000. The last time so few grants were awarded was in the early 1980s, according to science journalist Dan Garisto.See All Updates
Trump Whines That He’s Going To Be Impeached Again
Follow the latest news on the major headlines of the day.







