The Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants have faced several controversies in recent years, and here’s the latest: Just a week before the events were scheduled to air on The CW, they’ve suddenly been pulled from the network.
The CW and Miss USA aren’t elaborating on the real reasons why, but in a statement, The CW said, “After careful consideration and conversations with the Miss USA Organization, The CW Network has decided to forego next week’s broadcasts of the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. We wish the organization and all of this year’s contestants well in the competition.”
In 2024, The CW sealed a three-year deal to air the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants — although the network didn’t air the pageants in 2025. Instead, the Queen Beauty Network streamed the events. This year, The CW was slated to return (having aired it in 2023 and 2024) with Miss Teen USA on Wednesday, Aug. 26, and Miss USA on Thursday, Aug. 27. Instead, the online site Queen Beauty Network will once again stream both.
What happened? No one’s saying for sure. In a brief, cryptic statement on its Instagram Stories page, the Miss USA/Miss Teen USA pageant said that “Two weeks ago, we identified a contractual issue with our production arrangements that could not be resolved within the necessary time frame. Since then, our team has worked diligently to explore options that would allow us to continue with a live broadcast on The CW. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach mutually agreeable terms for this year’s event.”







