The Miss USA and Miss Teen USA competitions are headed back to streaming after being dropped at the 11th hour by their broadcast partner, The CW.

The Miss USA Organization said in a statement posted to social media late Thursday that a “contractual issue with our production arrangements” led to the scrapping of the two telecasts, which were scheduled to air Aug. 26 (Miss Teen USA) and Aug. 27 (Miss USA). The organization says it identified the issue two weeks ago.

“Since then, our team has worked diligently to explore options that would allow us to continue with a live broadcast on The CW,” the Miss USA statement reads. “Unfortunately, we were unable to reach mutually agreeable terms for this year’s event. While The CW will not be carrying a live broadcast of Miss USA this year, we are grateful for our relationship with the network and remain open to opportunities to work together in the future.”

For its part, The CW said in a statement that “After careful consideration and conversations with the Miss USA Organization, The CW Network has decided to forego next week’s broadcasts of the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. We wish the organization and all of this year’s contestants well in the competition.”