President Volodymyr Zelensky, following Russia’s massive strike on a shopping center in his hometown of Kryvy Rih, announced a phone call with UN Secretary-General António Guterres.Zelensky said that he had spoken with Guterres by phone on Friday, Aug. 21, unveiling that the two agreed United Nations (UN) would take part in efforts to find a path toward ending Russia’s war against Ukraine, amid increasing civilian casualties.JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official.“I informed him about Russia’s continued strikes,” Zelensky said, adding that “the UN secretary-general condemned Russia’s large-scale attacks on Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities and communities.”Push for negotiationsZelensky said Russia had rejected proposals to return to the negotiating table, arguing that international efforts to stop the war should continue.“We agreed that the search for ways forward would continue,” Zelensky said, adding that “the UN would join the joint effort.”Earlier on Friday, Russia struck a shopping mall in Kryvyi Rih, killing at least 14 and injuring over 121. Twenty-nine victims are in serious condition, including five children.Zelensky condemned the strike in his Telegram statement.“The Russians carried out an utterly cynical and vile strike on an ordinary shopping center,” Zelensky said, adding that “such strikes are acts of terrorism,” and calling for partners to respond accordingly – “with real pressure on the aggressor.”