BEIRUT — Israeli warplanes and forces carried out a series of strikes, attacks, and massive explosions across southern Lebanon from overnight into Friday afternoon despite, Lebanese state media reported.The Israeli army carried out massive explosions in two stages in the area between the towns of Arnoun and Kfar Tebnit, the official National News Agency (NNA) reported.It added that the explosion had reverberated throughout the southern towns.NNA said Israeli warplanes struck the town of Mansouri after 2 am local time early Friday (2300GMT Thursday), while a series of powerful explosions were also reported in the area, with blasts heard across several villages and towns in southern Lebanon.Israeli forces also carried out explosions in the towns of Hadatha and al-Tiri in the Bint Jbeil district, according to the agency.Israeli warplanes also conducted mock air raids over the city of Tyre and surrounding villages and towns overnight.Separately, a series of Israeli airstrikes targeted Ali al-Taher hill on the outskirts of Nabatieh al-Fawqa, as well as areas around Dabsha hill and Dawhat Kfar Remman.The strikes were accompanied by Israeli artillery shelling that also targeted Ali al-Taher hill, NNA said.In a later development, NNA said Israeli forces carried out a massive explosion Friday afternoon in two stages in the area between the towns of Arnoun and Kfar Tibnit.The blast caused a huge sound that echoed across several towns in southern Lebanon, the agency reported.On Friday morning, intermittent Israeli artillery shelling also targeted the outskirts of the town of Mayfadoun, in the direction of Zawtar al-Sharqiyah, according to NNA.The latest attacks come amid continuing tensions between Israel and Lebanon following the outbreak of a new round of hostilities on March 2.The escalation effectively shattered the ceasefire that had been in place since November 2024 and triggered renewed Israeli military operations across Lebanon.Since then, US-led diplomatic efforts have sought to reach new security arrangements between Israel and Lebanon, including discussions on Israeli withdrawals, security along the border and areas where Hezbollah’s armed presence would be restricted.Lebanon has demanded an end to Israeli attacks and the withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanese territory, while Israel has tied further withdrawals and security arrangements to steps aimed at preventing Hezbollah from maintaining a military presence near its border.Meanwhile, Hezbollah rejected a US claim that the group operates under the control of Iran’s Quds Force, an affiliate of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.On Thursday, the US announced new sanctions against Hezbollah and updated its designation of the group. Hezbollah said the claim was being used to justify what it described as another step in a longstanding US policy of targeting the group, its supporters and its financial networks.The group accused Washington of using sanctions to exert pressure on Lebanon and said the measures were aimed at weakening the country while protecting Israel.Hezbollah acknowledged its close relationship with Tehran, saying: “Our close and fraternal relationship with the Islamic Republic of Iran is one that we cherish and are proud of,” while insisting that it did not need Washington to attest to its Lebanese identity.It accused the US of lacking the “moral or legal standing” to determine the legitimacy or national identity of other groups and countries.Hezbollah said US sanctions and designations would not change its position, adding that they “will not deter us from adhering to the choice of resistance” or what it described as Lebanon’s right to defend its territory, sovereignty and resources.