Prime Minister Serhii Koretskyi announced Thursday, Aug. 20, that the Ministry of Finance has been ordered to accelerate the sale of Sense Bank, with the sale revenue pledged to Ukraine’s Defense Forces.The process must be carried out through a transparent, competitive, and effective process, Koretskyi said in a statement. Simultaneously, he ordered the ministry and the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) to resolve accumulated issues and improve the bank’s corporate governance.JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official.“Proceeds from the bank’s sale will be used to fund the needs of Ukraine’s Defense Forces,” Koretskyi said.Formerly known as Alfa-Bank Ukraine, Sense Bank is one of the country’s largest systemically important lenders and has operated under state ownership since July 2023, when the government nationalized the bank following sanctions on its former Russian owners – Mikhail Fridman, Andrey Kosogov, and Petr Aven.Sense Bank leaders removed amid new anti-corruption probeOn Wednesday, the government removed Mykhola Hladyshenko as chairman of the Sense Bank’s supervisory board and initiated the removal of management board chairman Oleh Stupak.The moves came after the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (SAPO) announced a new probe dubbed “Forrest Gump,” earlier that day.Prime Minister Serhii Koretskyi announced the decision in a Telegram statement, following Sense Bank’s earlier confirmation that law enforcement officials conducted investigative actions at its head office.
PM Koretskyi Orders Accelerated Sale of Sense Bank, Says Money From the Sale Will Go to Defense Forces
Prime Minister Serhii Koretskyi ordered the Ministry of Finance to accelerate the sale of Sense Bank amid a new anti-corruption probe.









