Israeli warns Turkiye against ‘dangerous adventures’ in Syria; Syria says no Turkish build-up planned
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was “dragging Turkiye into dangerous adventures in Syria,” Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said on Thursday, following an attack on a Syrian air base earlier this week. Israel struck the Abu Al-Duhur air base in Syria on Tuesday, warning Syria was on the verge of violating a “status quo agreed with Israel in security matters” by allowing Turkish troops to deploy at the air base.
Katz, in a post on X, said his country would not “allow any entity to threaten its security.”
Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad Al-Shaibani said he made clear to Israel there were no plans to set up a Turkish military base and that the site was being rehabilitated for use by the Syrian Air Force.
“There was no intention to establish a Turkish base there, nor to establish a permanent Turkish military presence or deploy Turkish forces at the site,” Al-Shaibani said in an interview with Axios on Wednesday.












