Jerusalem Post/World NewsThe attack drew widespread condemnation from the United States and several allies after citizens of Britain and Poland, as well as Palestinians and a dual US-Canadian citizen were among those killed.Follow us on Google LAST WEEK, Australia’s Foreign Minister Penny Wong issued a statement about the sanctions on Israelis saying: ‘We call on Israel to hold perpetrators of settler violence to account and to cease its ongoing settlement activity.’(photo credit: CHALINEE THIRASUPA/REUTERS)ByREUTERSAUGUST 20, 2026 06:10Australia summoned Israel's ambassador on Thursday and expressed outrage at a decision by its military not to pursue criminal proceedings over the death of an Australian aid worker in a 2024 airstrike in Gaza.The Israeli military said on Wednesday it had found no basis to investigate the killings of seven aid workers with the World Central Kitchen charity, including Australian Zomi Frankcom, after a fact-finding and assessment procedure."This decision falls far short of the accountability we expect," Foreign Minister Penny Wong said, adding that Australia was outraged by the decision."Democracies seek, and accept higher standards. The Australian government will not stop pressing Israel for justice for Zomi and her colleagues."In her statement, Wong said she had told Australia's envoy in Israel to convey its views directly to the Israeli government as Canberra considers its next steps.No criminal responsibility established, Israeli envoy to Australia saysThe attack drew widespread condemnation from the United States and several allies after citizens of Britain and Poland, as well as Palestinians and a dual US-Canadian citizen were among those killed.World Central Kitchen (WCK) barge loaded with food arrives off the Gaza coast, March 15, 2024 (credit: IDF SPOKESPERSON'S UNIT)The investigation had concluded there was no criminal liability for the soldiers involved in the attack, said Hillel Newman, Israel's ambassador to Australia, although there had been operational failures by the Israeli military."It was a mistake, in retrospect, but the findings of the court are that there was no criminal intention, no intention to hit at aid workers, and therefore no criminal responsibility," Newman told reporters in Canberra after meeting Wong.Newman said the aid workers' convoy deviated from a pre-approved route and may have carried armed personnel, leading the Israeli military to believe it had been taken over by the Hamas terrorist group.Follow us on Google
Australia outraged after Israel clears soldiers over aid worker deaths | The Jerusalem Post
The attack drew widespread condemnation from the United States and several allies after citizens of Britain and Poland, as well as Palestinians and a dual US-Canadian citizen were among those killed.










