LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil addressed the growing number of vendors and contractors claiming the league has not paid them after working together this year.
“What I would say to them is we’re doing everything we can to make sure we can do right by them and the work they committed, and I hope we can,” O’Neil said Wednesday at a pre-tournament press conference ahead of this week’s LIV Golf Indianapolis event.
O’Neil was asked specifically about a lawsuit filed by Fresh Tape Media, which is seeking $1.23 million in missed payments and interest related to its production of LIV’s preseason media days event back in January. The lawsuit, first reported by Front Office Sports on Tuesday, came after numerous other vendors and contractors told FOS they are also unpaid and after a similar lawsuit from another former LIV vendor last month.
“For the next generation, it will certainly be a different business with a different process,” O’Neil said, referring to the “LIV 2.0” model the league has been pitching with funding from the Saudi Public Investment Fund ending after this season. This week’s tournament in Indianapolis is serving as LIV’s 2026 season finale after the league canceled next week’s LIV Golf Michigan event, which was supposed to host a $40 million team championship. It marked the second event cancellation this year, following the removal of June’s LIV Golf Louisiana tournament.







