Thousands of people attempted to cross into Ceuta last month, overwhelming local authorities. On Saturday, Moroccan officials said they detained 111 attempting to cross. Photo by Jalal Morchidi/EPA
Aug. 15 (UPI) -- Dozens of migrants were detained in Morocco on Saturday as they attempted to cross into the Spanish territory of Ceuta.
Moroccan officials said they intercepted some 111 people near the town of Fnideq, about 2 miles from the border, BBC reported.
Local police chartered buses to return them to other parts of the country, El Pais reported.
The attempted crossings come weeks after more than 60,000 people crossed the border into Ceuta, overwhelming the small territory.










