King Charles’ death was mistakenly announced on a radio show back in May, Ofcom, the communications regulator for the United Kingdom, said in a new report on Monday. Ofcom released the case regarding the radio station, Radio Caroline, and spelled out the violations against the radio show and staffer who played the erroneous message “out of curiosity” during “The Barry Marsh Show.” The Ofcom report said that “a member of staff carrying out maintenance on the studio computer accessed three sound files which had been pre-recorded to use in the event of the death of King Charles III.” While “these files are accompanied with ‘a set of strict instructions to presenters and managers’ to follow before being aired,” the staffer played them “out of curiosity” which interrupted the radio program. In an all-too-relatable moment, the report said that “once the individual realized what had occurred,” the staffer “ topped the files and then ‘panicked and left the premises.’” Though Ofcom only received two complaints about the messages played in error, anyone listening would’ve certainly thought the king had died, as the three announcements read: “This is Radio Caroline; we have suspended our normal programs until further notice as a mark of respect following the passing of His Majesty King Charles III.”“This is Radio Caroline, His Majesty King Charles III has passed away, as a mark of respect we will now be playing suitable continuous music until further notice.”“This is Radio Caroline, the news media has confirmed that His Majesty King Charles III has passed away, consequently as a mark of respect, Radio Caroline is suspending its normal programs.”In addition to the announcements, the national anthem was played after the first statement, which was then followed by 16 minutes of silence. Some 30 minutes after Charles’ death was mistakenly announced, the radio show presenter apologized to listeners. “I’ve just been informed that we’ve played in error some information a little earlier, I didn’t hear this myself, but it is incorrect, it’s a technical issue, and of course we apologize,” the presenter said at the time. The late Queen Elizabeth notably faced a false death rumor in recent years, though it circulated far faster ― and further ― than King Charles’ fake death announcement. The U.S. blog Hollywood Unlocked falsely reported that the queen died in February 2022. She died a few months later, in September 2022.