UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Friday urged Israel and Hamas to fully implement the Gaza agreement announced by US President Donald Trump, Anadolu reports.
“The only good news in recent days is the announcement by the US president of an agreement for Hamas to relinquish their weapons and for Israel to withdraw its forces from Gaza,” Guterres said at a news conference in New York.
His remarks came after Trump and the Board of Peace announced an agreement on implementing the next phase of the Gaza ceasefire, with the Board saying Hamas had approved a detailed roadmap. Israel has yet to officially endorse it.
Responding to a question about reports that Israel remains skeptical of the arrangement and has indicated it will not withdraw until Hamas disarms, Guterres said the implementation mechanism had already been established.
“It was announced already that there is a roadmap to implement these objectives. That roadmap must be followed without any questions, skepticism, or determination to undermine it.











