Strictly Come Dancing bosses have announced the latest celebrity to join the star-studded line-up just weeks ahead of the Saturday night favourite's grand return to BBC12:15, 30 Jul 2026Updated 12:19, 30 Jul 2026Former England footballer Shaun Wright-Phillips is swapping his football boots for dancing shoes as he signs up for Strictly Come Dancing 2026.The sports star, 44, who has played for play for Manchester City, Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and England during his career, is the tenth name announced to compete when the BBC Saturday night favourite returns this September."Dancing is in my blood—but mainly at family events!" said Shaun. "Strictly is definitely outside my comfort zone, but I’m super excited to get started and really looking forward to the challenge!"He faces competitoin from House of the Dragon star Bethany Antonia who also joined the line-up this year. She said: "I can’t quite believe that I will be heading to the Strictly ballroom this September! I have grown up watching Strictly, and I am so excited to take the challenge on and (hopefully!) learn a new skill. See you on the dancefloor!"Prior to that, actress Jaime Winstone, who played Barbara Windsor in BBC biopic Babs before taking on the late actress' EastEnders alter-ego Peggy Mitchell in a flashback episode, is also taking to the dancefloor.She said: "I am so excited to announce that I will be joining the Strictly Come Dancing cast this year. I am no stranger to a dance floor, but the ballroom is a whole new world for me. I love a challenge though, so can’t wait to enter my showgirl era and get super sparkly!! Let’s get physical – see you on the dance floor!"Paralympian Dame Sarah Storey, 48, has also been announced. The sports legend, who was born without her left hand, said she was excited, as she has "always loved watching Strictly". She also said she was doing it for her daughter Louisa, who "is a very talented dancer".Presenter Will Best, who has fronted ITV's revival of Big Brother since it hit screens in 2023, called doing the show a "dream" after he was revealed to part of the line-up. “I’ve been lucky to do lots of live telly before, but absolutely nothing like this. And I cannot wait!" he added.“I have no idea if I can actually dance, but bring on the sequins, bring on the quicksteps, bring on the dance floor! I’m going to try to enjoy every minute of it.”The other names announced include EastEnders star Lacey Turner, pop singer Delta Goodrem, Love Island winner Cach Mercer, Kim Kardashian's hairdresser Chris Appleton and Dani Dyer.Fans of the programme will remember was supposed to take part last year, but after suffering an injury in rehearsals, she was replaced by West End star Amber Davies, so is making a comeback this time round. This year seems to be shaping up to be different than any other, as professional dancers Gorka Marquez Karen Hauer, Nadiya Bychkova, Michelle Tsiakkas and Luba Mushtuk have all parted ways with the show. Johannes Radebe, who was a pro dancer last year, has stayed with the show, but will take on a new role, as he has been announced as one of the presenters.Following the departure of long-time hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly, the BBC announced that Johannes, Josh Widdecombe, and Emma Willis would take over the hosting gig.In yet another change for the 2026 series, as It Takes Two hosts Janette Manrara and Fleur East will no longer be on the show. It has not been revealed who will take over the spin-off's hosting positions.This is a breaking Showbiz news story. You’ll be more likely to see our stories when any big news breaks in future on Google by simply by clicking this link.Article continues belowYou can also join The Mirror’s WhatsApp Community or follow us on Google News, Flipboard, Apple News, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads - or visit The Mirror homepage.You can sign up for Twitter/X alerts for breaking news here and follow us @MirrorCeleb for all the latest updates. Or keep up-to-date with your must-see news, features, videos and pictures by following us on Facebook.
Ex England football ace signs up to Strictly Come Dancing
Strictly Come Dancing bosses have announced the latest celebrity to join the star-studded line-up just weeks ahead of the Saturday night favourite's grand return to BBC






