Get your news delivered straight to you by 7am - sign up to our new Morning Mail newsletter for FREESee more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred SourceBy SHANNON MCGUIGAN, NEWS REPORTER Published: 19:53 BST, 28 July 2026 | Updated: 02:36 BST, 29 July 2026
A man has been arrested after two teenage girls were allegedly raped in an alleyway in Blackpool.The incident is said to have happened to the girls, both in their late teens, in an alleyway between Edward Street and Topping Street on July 25, 2026.The area was cordoned off by Lancashire Constabulary over the weekend as both detectives and forensic officers were seen scanning for evidence.A probe has been launched into the incident. The youngsters are being supported by police officers.Lancashire Constabulary on Tuesday released CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to as part of their enquiries.On Tuesday night, the force said a man had been arrested. A spokesperson said: 'Earlier this evening we asked for your help to identify a man we wanted to speak to as part of our enquiries into a rape in Blackpool.'To remind you, our officers were called at 2.36am on Saturday 25th July to an alleyway off Deansgate, to a report that two girls aged in their late teens, had been raped. The incident is said to have happened to two girls, both in their late teens, in an alleyway between Edward Street and Topping Street (pictured) on July 25, 2026'To update you, a 30-year-old man from Blackpool was arrested around 8.15pm on suspicion of rape. He is in custody.'Thank you to everyone who shared the appeal, it is very much appreciated.'While an arrest has been made, we continue to appeal for witnesses and information as the investigation continues.'If you were in the area in the early hours of Saturday morning – near to the alleyway which runs between Edward Street and Topping Street – or have information which you think can help us, please get in touch. Contact 101, quoting log 0195 of 25th July.'






