THE Catholic Education Board of Management (CEBM) has issued a reminder to parents of Form One students that registration at Catholic secondary schools is free and that no child should be denied admission because a family is unable to make a financial contribution.The reminder was issued in a Facebook post ahead on Saturday of the new school year, amid ongoing concerns that voluntary contributions requested by some schools may be perceived as mandatory.According to the CEBM, while some Catholic secondary schools ask parents to make voluntary donations to assist with the operation and development of their schools, these contributions are not compulsory.In a post on the CEBM, Vicar for Education and Chief Executive Officer of the Catholic Education Board of Management Fr David Khan, said, “Form One registration is free and no student should be denied admission because on the basis of an inability to pay.”Fr Khan said that such payments cannot be enforced and must take into account the financial realities facing families. He acknowledged that while voluntary contributions play an important role in helping schools meet various needs, he emphasised that requests for financial support must be made with sensitivity to the economic circumstances of families.The statement comes after the Ministry of Education previously cautioned schools that requests for contributions during the registration process could give parents the impression that the payments are mandatory. The ministry has maintained that no student should be prevented from registering or attending school because a parent or guardian is unable to make a voluntary contribution.The CEBM reiterated its commitment to ensuring equal access to education and encouraged parents with concerns about registration or school contributions to contact the relevant school administration for clarification.
Form One registration free, Catholic Board tells parents
THE Catholic Education Board of Management (CEBM) has issued a reminder to parents of Form One students that registration at Catholic secondary schools is free and that no child should










