NewsUK NewsNorwichSeven men have been accused of being part of a grooming gang and charged with rape and child sex abuse offences, Norfolk Police said14:30, 22 May 2026Updated 14:55, 22 May 2026Seven men have been charged with rape and child sex abuse offences, police said.‌The men, who are Afghan nationals and refugees, were charged as part of an investigation into group-based child sexual exploitation in Norwich, Norfolk Police said. They are accused of committing sexual offences between August 2023 and May 2025, and being part of a grooming gang, the force added. The men are due to appear before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Friday.‌Superintendent Craig Miller said: "I know this news will be shocking to our communities. This type of case is very upsetting, and I want people living and working in Norwich, as well as the wider communities of Norfolk, to know that we will do everything possible to protect children from abuse and exploitation."‌Ahmadin Ahmadzai, 20, of Pottergate, Norwich, is charged with nine counts of rape, two counts of conspiracy to rape, one count of facilitate human trafficking, one count of perverting the course of justice.Jamil Khalili, 20, of High Street, Dumbarton, Scotland, is charged with seven counts of rape, one count of conspiracy to rape and one count of facilitate human trafficking.Fazal Auryakhel, 20, of Eleanor Road, Norwich, is charged with one count of rape.Qais Kaker, 20, of Black Horse Opening, Norwich, is charged with four counts of rape, one count of conspiracy to rape and one count of facilitate human trafficking.Mohammed Farooq Shinwary, 20, of St Benedicts St, Norwich, is charged with two counts of rape.Ali Ahamad, 21, of Pelham Rd, Norwich, is charged with one count of rape, three counts of facilitate human trafficking.Sayed Wahid Davodzai, 20, of St Benedicts St, Norwich, is charged with four counts of rape and one count of conspiracy to rape.Det Supt Stacey Murray, who is leading the investigation, said: "At the heart of our investigation and at the forefront of our minds are the victims. Their safety and wellbeing are our primary concern and our priority.‌"I want to reassure everyone that we are being meticulous in our approach to this investigation. A dedicated team continues to work solely on this to examine every available line of inquiry and gather evidence, while respecting the traumatic experiences of the victims."We know from our work with the National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) that victims may choose if, when, or whether to come forward. The investigation and justice process can feel overwhelming, and risk may still be present. What matters is that, when they are ready, victims know they will be listened to, believed and supported."Supt Miller explained that the Phoenix Project had been launched as a result of the investigation to build on the support already available to children and young people.Article continues below"It brings together police, Children’s Services and health colleagues in one team to safeguard children at risk outside the home and keep them safe," he said. "We will have officers in the city and the wider Norwich communities over the next few weeks to provide reassurance. Please approach them if you feel concerned or worried."Officers are encouraging anyone with information relating to the investigation to come forward and share it with police by calling 101 or using the force’s website. Individuals are asked to quote the reference Op Highwood26.If you have experienced child sexual abuse or exploitation, further advice and support is available via When you are Ready. Further information is also available on the force’s website.Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.‌Breaking NewsNorwich