AN Interpol Red Notice had been issued for the arrest of a fourth suspect in the investigation into the murder of Municipal Police Acting Corporal Anuska Eversley and the heist of several firearms and a quantity of ammunition.This was revealed yesterday by Commissioner of Police Allister Guevarro, who said the suspect was believed to have fled the country as investigations continued into the April 19 killing of Eversley at the San Fernando Municipal Police Station at King’s Wharf, San Fernando.According to Interpol, a Red Notice “is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender, or similar legal action. A Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant.“The individuals are wanted by the requesting member country, or international tribunal. Member countries apply their own laws in deciding whether to arrest a person.“The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only. Extracts of Red Notices are published at the request of the member country concerned and where the public’s help may be needed to locate an individual or if the individual may pose a threat to public safety.”Speaking during a news conference at the Police Administration Building in Port of Spain, he also noted the firearms audit into the items stolen from the station on that date had yet to be completed. He said the audit was a “very large-scale project” involving a large team of officers.“Generally, they’re about 50% to 55% complete at this time,” he said.Previously, the media had been informed by police sources that an estimated 123 guns had been removed from the station.Guevarro, however, reiterated that so far officers have recovered 38 pistols, four shotguns, one MPX sub-machine gun, one revolver, and more than 900 rounds of ammunition.The commissioner said the weapons and ammunition had been recovered in and around the Claxton Bay area.“However, there is still a significant amount of firearms and ammunition unaccounted for, and we are continuing diligently to search for this on a daily basis,” Guevarro said.He also emphasised the investigations had led to the arrest and charging of three people—namely, Municipal Police Constable Jivan “Biggs” Cooper, 28, of La Sophie Trace, Claxton Bay; Kwame Arnold, 20, of Lodge Road, Claxton Bay; and Nicholas “Nico” Ramdass, 24, also of Lodge Road, Claxton Bay.According to Guevarro, the investigation involved a coordinated multi-agency, intelligence-led operation which included officers from the Homicide Bureau of Investigations, the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force, Special Branch, Strategic Services Agency, Special Investigations Unit, Cyber Crime Unit and divisional personnel.Social media misinformationDuring the news conference, Guevarro also addressed questions surrounding misinformation circulated on social media in relation to the investigation. He referred to a social media post in which a photograph was taken outside the San Fernando Police Station showing a suspect vehicle parked next to a municipal police vehicle.According to Guevarro, the narrative accompanying the post suggested the municipal police vehicle had been used in the firearms heist connected to the case.“That particular municipal police vehicle was parked there for over two weeks,” he said.He added that investigators subsequently received numerous reports from members of the public based on the misinformation being circulated online. “We got a myriad of false information that we see the vehicle passing here and this vehicle was there,” Guevarro said.“When you looking to get what I would call click likes on social media, please do not do it at the expense of the investigation,” he added.Guevarro also warned that what he described as “pre-trial publicity” could negatively affect criminal proceedings.“There’s something called pre-trial publicity which in some cases is fatal to investigations, because if you take those matters to court...those brilliant attorneys come out and say, ‘My client cannot get a proper and fair trial in this jurisdiction because of what was printed in the media’,” he said.The caseEversley, a mother of three, was found dead at the station around 4.40 a.m. on April 19. An autopsy revealed she was beaten, strangled and stabbed.Senior sources told the Express preliminary investigations point to a group of municipal officers allegedly involved in the sale of firearms and ammunition to the criminal underworld. The alleged activities are believed to have been ongoing for the past six to eight months, raising serious concerns about oversight within the service.Following the incident, Assistant Commissioner of Police Wayne Mystar was put to replace Municipal Assistant Commissioner of Police Surrendra Sagramsingh as head of the Trinidad and Tobago Municipal Police Service (TTMPS). Sagramsingh, who served as head of the TTMPS for the past six years, was sent on immediate administrative leave following the incident.In a letter dated April 21, 2026, acting permanent secretary Peter Mitchell stated the decision was taken to preserve the integrity of the investigation.The letter emphasised the leave is a precautionary administrative measure and does not imply misconduct or liability.Sagramsingh was directed to refrain from reporting for duty and from exercising any authority in his official capacity until further notice. He has also been instructed to remain available to the ministry and to fully cooperate with investigators.
Interpol Red Notice issued
AN Interpol Red Notice had been issued for the arrest of a fourth suspect in the investigation into the murder of Municipal Police Acting Corporal Anuska Eversley and the heist















