An NHS trust has sacked 11 members of staff and sanctioned 14 others for inappropriately accessing the medical records of the Nottingham attack victims.Students Barnaby Webber and Grace O'Malley-Kumar, and grandfather Ian Coates, were killed in a stabbing rampage by Valdo Calocane on 13 June 2023.Nottingham University Hospitals Foundation Trust launched an investigation into staff who were found to have inappropriately accessed the medical records of Mr Webber, Ms O'Malley-Kumar, and Ian Coates in early 2025. The trust’s investigation looked into whether any “wrongdoing” had taken place and to identify what action would be needed. Staff investigated included doctors, nurses, other registered medical professionals, and admin and clerical staff, and following the investigation, two staff were given their first written warnings, 12 handed final written warnings, and 11 dismissed. The trust has also said it will now involve the relevant professional regulators, such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council and General Medical Council.It has also informed Nottinghamshire Police and the Information Commissioner’s Office. In a statement published on Thursday, Nottingham University Hospitals Foundation Trust said it: “Has confirmed that 11 members of staff have been dismissed, with actions being taken against another 14, as part of their investigation into the inappropriate access of the medical records of Ian Coates, Grace O'Malley- Kumar and Barnaby Webber. “Since starting investigations in early 2025, the Trust has been conducting thorough and professional inquiries to identify wrongdoing and to take necessary action. The first of those investigations is now complete, with families being informed of the outcomes this week.”Dr Manjeet Shehmar, Medical Director at NUH, said: “The families of Ian, Grace and Barnaby have had to endure much pain and heartache, and I am truly sorry that the actions of some of our staff have added to that. "To access the medical records of our patients without a legitimate reason is totally unacceptable, and we are doing all we can to identify where and how that has happened. I hope that the families, staff, and our communities feel reassured by the outcomes so far, that we are taking this seriously and will continue to do so.”Dr Shehmar added that the vast majority of trust staff understand that appropriate access is a fundamental principle of our duty of care, and by accessing records inappropriately, those staff involved are damaging the valuable contributions made by those colleagues providing care for those patients. “In those cases where it does happen, I hope that this is a very clear reminder that we will take appropriate action,” she said. This is a breaking news story, more follows...