Channel 4’s recently appointed CEO Priya Dogra gave an update on the scandal surrounding the British version of hit reality show “Married at First Sight” – also known as “MAFS UK” – on Wednesday, but denied reports that the show had been canceled.
In the series, single people – matched by “experts” – “marry” strangers who they meet for the first time on their wedding day. They then live together. It is produced for Channel 4 by independent production company CPL.
In an exposé on BBC’s investigative show “Panorama,” titled “The Dark Side of Married at First Sight,” that aired Monday, it was alleged that two contestants, or “wives,” were raped and another was subjected to a non-consensual sex act by their onscreen “husbands.” One woman also claimed her “husband” told her “he would get someone to throw acid at me” if she told anyone about it.
The men have denied the allegations. The women haven’t reported their allegations to the police.
Channel 4 announced Monday that in April it commissioned an external review into contributor welfare on “Married at First Sight.”










