The whereabouts of Senator Ronald dela Rosa remain unclear after he left the Senate complex in the early hours of May 14, based on CCTV footage, logbook records, and police statements.Footage reviewed by authorities showed Dela Rosa exiting the Senate at around 2:30 to 2:31 a.m., wearing a jacket and cap.Moments earlier, Senator Robin Padilla was also seen heading toward the parking area, followed by a woman wearing a cap and carrying bags.An official report obtained by GMA News from a source likewise indicated that Dela Rosa left the Senate at around 2:30 a.m.At 2:32 a.m., a white Toyota Fortuner was recorded exiting the Senate premises, based on video obtained by GMA News. Authorities, however, have not confirmed whether Dela Rosa was inside the vehicle.Padilla, meanwhile, logged out of the Senate at 2:35 a.m., according to the logbook.At around 3:03 a.m., a separate white vehicle bearing markings of the Philippine National Police (PNP) was also seen leaving the Senate compound.Police Col. Joselito De Sesto, Pasay City police chief, confirmed he was inside the police vehicle but denied social media claims that officers escorted any individual out of the Senate complex.De Sesto said no escort operation had been conducted.In an interview on 24 Oras on Monday, Padilla admitted that the vehicle seen leaving the Senate premises in the early hours of May 14 belonged to him.“Ay opo, opo, sasakyan ko po ’yan. Nakita niyo naman, ayan ang pinaka-humble na sasakyan sa Senate, Fortuner lang,” he said(Oh yes, yes, that is my vehicle. As you can see, that’s the most humble vehicle in the Senate — just a Fortuner.)Asked whether the vehicle was carrying Senator Ronald dela Rosa, who had reportedly left the Senate, Padilla laughed and replied:“Antayin na lang natin yung imbestigasyon (Let’s just wait for the investigation)."On Tuesday, Melvin Matibag, director of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), said authorities already had a lead on dela Rosa’s whereabouts but declined to disclose details.On Wednesday, NBI spokesperson Palmer Mallari said the agency first needed to obtain and study the full resolution of the Supreme Court of the Philippines before determining its next course of action.“We will not issue a warrant. As I said, we need to study and read the complete resolution first so that we will be able to plot all of our courses of action later on,” Mallari told reporters.During Wednesday’s Senate session, Dela Rosa was again the lone absentee. Earlier, the Supreme Court denied his request for a temporary restraining order (TRO) and/or status quo ante order (SQAO) in connection with his possible arrest based on a warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC).In a press briefer released on May 20, the Supreme Court said the En Banc, voting 9-5-1 during a special session, denied Dela Rosa’s request for interim relief.The high court clarified that it had only resolved requests for interim relief, particularly the TRO and SQAO, and had yet to rule on the main legal issues raised in the petition.Earlier in the day, Dela Rosa’s camp said that while it recognized the existence of the ICC arrest warrant, it did not consider it enforceable in the Philippines.'Bato's' returnDela Rosa resurfaced at the Senate on May 11 for the first time since November 2025 to vote in favor of a Senate leadership change. After his allies secured control of the chamber’s leadership, senators approved a motion placing him under the Senate’s protective custody.This came after the ICC confirmed it had issued a warrant of arrest against Dela Rosa over his alleged role in the Duterte administration’s war on drugs during his tenure as PNP chief.On May 13, the Senate went into lockdown hours after Dela Rosa urged supporters to hold a vigil to block his arrest.Later that evening, gunshots rang out inside the Senate premises, prompting Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano to go live on Facebook to seek help and claim that the Senate was “allegedly under attack.”Cayetano repeated the claim in a press conference the following day, pounding the rostrum as he insisted that the Senate had been under attack the night before.However, Malacañang Palace and Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla later said the Senate had not been attacked, although Remulla said authorities could not determine whether the “gun-related incident” had been staged.—MCG, GMA News